Monday, January 29, 2018

Brainstorming writing projects for this year

I have a couple project ideas that I'm thinking about and I just wanted to write them out to see if I like them. I don't know if they'll stick. If you're reading this and you have an opinion about something you'd like to see/read/hear, definitely chime in! I'm really feeling the audio this year.


  • Spoken poetry series based on a record of time. I've been thinking about this for a little while. I could read out poems from my chapbook and link to the actual chapbook in case folks are interested in buying the kindle copy. 
  • Definitely starting to work on a second chapbook. Posting new poetry here is something that has helped my productivity in the past but if I'm interested in submitting to journals rather than self publishing again, this would be a poor choice. Do I go the route I know works for me or do I try something more traditional to see if I can make it happen?
  • Do more "little poetry reading" posts more, because that is fuuuuuuuuuuuun.
  • Perhaps do an audio book of my Mauri Kor books? If I do this, I won't be able to publish it through a legit publisher. Maybe my goal should be to finish this book and then start a new one and podcast it as I go. But I definitely want to get this last book finished before I start in on a new one. Maybe I could pick up the weird kitty people mad scientist horror story I was working on. OR I could do a series of short stories! That would be fun, too.
Ultimately my goal for this year is to just remember to write. I want to try to sit down everyday and at least look at the projects I'm working on. What should I be doing? Writing. Mantra for this year: write more! PUBLISH!



No comments:

Post a Comment