Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Nine Years of Blogging!

 It's been 9 years since I wrote it will not last the night. Whaaaat? I can't believe I've been writing in here since 2011! I mean, some years I only posted like... 4 posts. But still! 

I started the blog to motivate myself to start writing again. College & life had sucked the will to write (and a little to live) out of me and I needed a space to start small and find my voice again.

Also? I love writing! Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I struggle to write. Or struggle to finish writing before moving on? This changes all the time. I am hella ADHD, y'all, and I've been working hard to learn how to work with my brain not against it. This gives me the space to be imperfect, but still DO it. 

So here we are 9 years later!

I've learned a lot about myself (and I'm still learning so much). I have white eyebrows and crows feet now. You don't know that, reader, but it's very true.

Today, I walked to the Starbucks across campus to get some go-go-brain-juice and it was a pandemic anxiety o'clock. I was wearing my mask, but none of the groups of students I walked past were wearing their masks. I rolled my ankle. I got back to my desk and just sat there trying not to cry for about 10 minutes. As campus' decide to re-open, frequently as COVID-19 cases rise, scenes like this are familiar to many of us who work for colleges & universities. My thought wasn't "Am I going to post an awesome anniversary post, soon?!" It was, "Am I going to die?" This blogoversary is about reflection and the future!

Since I started this blog, I've accomplished a lot:

  1. Published a record of night, a chapbook of poetry that I posted here.
  2. Collaborated with friends on poetry projects, such as the Transatlantic Project with Steve Cotterill.
  3. Written 2 novels <3
  4. Created poetry tiles for my writing
  5. Started a 

Right now, my current projects (and hopefully future completed-projects!) are:

  1. Poetry project at ko-fi.com
  2. Audible of a record of night narrated by Erin Knowles!!! Coming SOON. All the work is done, it's just going through Audible's approval process.
  3. Super Secret Podcast about a Space Barbarian named Kitten.
  4. Keeping my blog updated! (sup)
  5. Finish my trilogy or big ass book.

So I don't have a cool schtick for this post. I will try to think up something exciting for next year (which will be my decade-versary!)

Thanks for reading, friends <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment