Wednesday, January 30, 2019

A Cold Day in Misery

I love my home state, but Missouri's windchill has dropped down into negative numbers and my snot froze after 10 seconds outside. Needless to say (but I'm going to say it anyway) I am not down for these temps. I did not write a poem about frozen snot. Yet.

Which brings me to a random thought. Do you remember that song by Greenday that came out "Misery" (I linked it so you can get re-acquainted). I spent a good portion of my senior year thinking that they were singing about Missouri. Now I sing it as Missouri because it makes me giggle.

Updates on the Writing Front:

  • I goofed around, so not a lot of change.
  • This weeks goals: work on novel, knock out a poem (maybe it will be about frozen snot).
  • Blog some more. Oh, I had a great idea for a blog before I went to sleep last night. Maybe I will even remember it for later in the week!
  • Do one of my LJ read-alongs and send it to my small audience. 
  • Maybe I should do some YouTube videos for some of my poems? That would be fun. Must charge the tablet tonight.
  • Tonight I'm building a blanket fort to write in and encouraging my writing workshop to do the same. Pics on the next blog! 
What I'm reading:


[The cover of Brene Brown's book, Daring Greatly]

I just picked up Brene Brown's Daring Greatly (I won it during Booksgiving). I already love the first chapter. She is a fabulous writer, and I think her work with vulnerability is so powerful. I know I deal with a lot of fear around my writing. Fear that I'm not good enough, that even if I was good enough, I don't have the social savvy to network and find a good agent. Fear to try, fear to try and fail, fear to try and succeed. I'm basically terrified of the things I love doing the most in the world.



[The cover of Deborah Harkness' book, Time's Convert]

I'm about halfway through Deborah Harkness' Time's Convert. I love her writing! It's been exciting to watch how it evolved through the All Souls trilogy, and this is crafted beautifully. Her details are lush, her characters are interesting. I'm definitely here for it. If you're a fan of vamps, history, and love stories, you should check it out too!








No comments:

Post a Comment