Monday, January 11, 2021

Twenty Twenty Won

 Howdy All! 

We're well into 2021 and have already had an attempted coup at the White House. It feels a little ridiculous to be blogging about anything besides that, right now, but others have said it more succinct and powerfully .

So I'm going to indulge in some positivity and dedicate this blog to a summary of all the creative things that happened in my 2020. 


Accomplished

  • Audible of my chapbook a record of night, produced & narrated by Erin Knowles
  • Put out a paper copy of a record of night 💓
  • Opened a ko-fi.com/KitSteitz account to work on my hustle
  • Started a poetry project for August and completed it
  • August project readings in December


So in a year that was one of the darkest in my (our) timeline, I feel pretty good about that shit. 

I don't know what this year will bring. Hopefully not a Fascist takeover. Really got my fingers and toes all crossed we avoid that, y'all. Every year I have to find new things to motivate me, to get me moving and kick me from dreaming to creating. Dreamers create, but also sometimes we just drink coffee and think really hard about it, then wander off and pet our dogs. 

Speaking of pawfect dogs of 2020, this is my dawg Gentle Sir Nugget and he is perfect and wonderful.



Anyway, around this time every year, I create super lofty goals for the year but honestly, I just throw ideas at a wall and see which one sticks. You do what you can do, when you can do it.


Dreams for 2021
  • Werk werk werk on my novels (work on my fear about those novels, too)
  • Prepare and publish August project Chapbook
  • Maybe a few live poetry readings? YT live or FB live? questions, questions
  • Collab with at least one fabulous human
  • Consume craft-related podcasts & essays etc., etc
  • Maybe another poetry-month project?
  • Maybe work on that ridiculous queer space opera podcast
IDK, felt cute, might not accomplish any of these later. 



As always, if you like (love) this content and want to support my writing outside of the big bad projects, and read supporter-only content, you can buy me a cuppa at ko.fi. You can also purchase my chapbook & audible of poetry, a record of night at Amazon. If you're so inclined, you can also follow my author page at goodreads or follow me on Twitter

Please show me some love and leave a comment, review, or rating on any of these platforms! Have an awesome day, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment