Monday, February 22, 2021

What are you reading?

Hello, dear readers!

It's Monday, again. That means blog time! 

I'm currently reading

A few thoughts...

On How Long 'Til Black Future Month

I found NK Jemisin through LeVar Burton's podcast and have been telling myself I'm going to get into her work for months (maybe a year, even? What is time during this pandemic?) I was super excited to start this book of short stories and I am so pleased! I'm almost halfway through, but I really loved the "Cloud Dragon Skies" and "El Alchemista". If you have an opportunity to pick it up, I definitely recommend it. But you don't have to take my word for it, just check out LeVar Burton's podcast for a taste! (Sorry to other listeners of his podcast, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to use his catch phrase). 


On How to be an Antiracist

"The most threatening racist movement is not the alt right's unlikely drive for a White ethnostate but the regular American's drive for a "race-neutral" one." ~Ibram X. Kendi

He just jumps in and starts calling out the color-blind status quo and I am here for it. I'm not deep into How to be an Antiracist, but I have underlined something at least every two pages so far.* It's good, thoughtful stuff and I can't wait to get deeper.


What are y'all reading? HMU with those good books! Also, my storygraph is kit_steitz so let's be friends and share recs! 


love and sunshine,

Kit



*Unfortunately, I left it at my partner's house during a snow storm and we were separated for a full week. But he brought my book and his cute face by my place this weekend, so all is well that ends well. Or all is well that continues well? 


As always, if you like (love) this content and want to support my writing outside of the big bad projects, and read supporter-only content, you can buy me a cuppa at ko.fi. You can also purchase my chapbook & audible of poetry, a record of night at Amazon. If you're so inclined, you can also follow my author page at goodreads or follow me on Twitter

Please show me some love and leave a comment, review, or rating on any of these platforms! Have an awesome day, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment